14 October 2011

Pinterest Friday

Welcome to the very first Pinterest Friday! Fridays are the day I've chosen to take something I've pinned to one of my boards on Pinterest and try it out! If you've not joined Pinterest yet, join now at www.pinterest.com! You can follow me at pinterest.com/bfphotographer.

One of the very first things I repinned onto my boards was a recipe for bath paints. I spent forever looking for markers for Balian to play with in the tub, and the paints looked like awesome alternatives. You can find the original idea here.

You will need 5 tablespoons of cornstarch, a half cup of body wash (I used Suave free and clear for kids), and whatever food coloring you want. Mix it all up and you're done! I put it all in a leftover boullion cube jar, so I could have a lid and it would keep for a while.

My initial thoughts of this experiment were, "Wow... This is really hard to mix!" Body wash is already thick. Add the cornstarch, and it's a gloopy mess. I'm pretty sure mine didn't mix as well as it could have (I can still see white at the bottom), but it may just be me. I used green food coloring and only made one batch.










Balian tested it out during his bath. He LOVED this. It was flung everywhere, smeared all over him, smeared all over the tub. He had so much fun with it. I thought this jar would last for a while. Nope. He used every single bit of it. At least I knew he was clean!


















Since it only uses a half cup of body wash, there is still plenty left to use for another day. The body wash was less than $2, and the amount of cornstarch and food coloring I used is definitely less than a dollar's worth. It's a price you can't really beat for a fun time in the tub. 

2 comments:

  1. well! it sure looks like Balian liked your bath paint...too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! Looks like a success to me! :)

    ReplyDelete