17 October 2011

Monday's Unsung Hero

Today's Unsung Hero is a fairly new friend of mine. I've only known her for a few years, but she has had such a  wonderful impact on my life. Her name is Cassandra Clifton.

I met Cassandra through a mutual friend, and then we had a class together (Literature of the Bible). It was in that class that we really connected and became friends. We discovered a mutual love for music and books, NCIS, Castle, and she introduced me to one of my favorite artists, David Garrett, and my newest favorite show, Bones.  She graduated and left to teach English in Russia, and I left to go and be a mom. We traversed around LU and DC together, and came to know the inner workings of the Barnes and Noble Bookstore, as well as what places are the best to hide during Convocation. She has become Balian's crazy aunt, and has spent countless hours on the phone with me, listening to my rants, my vents, my tears, and my laughter. My life is better because she has been a part of it.

I love you, dear! Here's to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment