10 October 2011

Monday's Unsung Hero

Today's hero is (drumroll please)... Anna Marie Leviner!

Anna and I met my first semester at Emmanuel. We became friends very quickly, despite our very different personalities, and we decided to room together for our next year in the dorm.

Anna is the only person, outside of my family, who has lived with me for longer than a semester. How she survived and still love me today is a mystery that I may never understand. I am not the easiest person to live with or love. I am rambunctious, loud, impulsive, and I have a very bad temper. Anna was introverted, content with peace and quiet, and incredibly patient.

I was in a really bad place at the end of that year. I know Anna was beyond frustrated with me, but she loved me anyways. The term "best friend" could never describe her, because it goes so much deeper than that. I believe we truly became sisters that year. Since then, we've laughed and cried and shared hopes and dreams. When it came to who would be Balian's godparents, Anna and her husband were the only logical choice. I couldn't have asked for a better friend or ally in life.

So here's to Anna, this week's Unsung Hero. For keeping me grounded and always being there whenever I've needed it most.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, dear! I'm so glad we are sisters. Love you! :)

    ReplyDelete