06 June 2011

Why I Blog

Today I  have spent the better part of two hours reworking my blogs and adding two new ones to the mix. It made me start thinking and asking myself about why I blog so much, why I put so much of my life out there for the world to read. I came up with two different answers.

The first answer is this: I put what I've learned, what I've been through, how I feel on blogs, I write it all, so that maybe I can help someone else who is going through the same thing. You never know who might be reading your blog. If I can inspire one person, then it's well worth the time.

The second answer? It's for me. And there are a few reasons that I do this for me. Firstly, I have an incredibly horrible memory, as in, I have no memory. If I don't write it down (or type it) then I have and will forget it. Anything from paying bills, to doctor's appointments, to birthdays (I spent the first half of Balian's life trying to remember if he was born on the 10th or the 11th of June). My memory is that bad. So I write and I blog to capture how I was feeling, what I was thinking, at a precise time. It's a memory archive that can't be erased (unless blogger shut down... then I'm just screwed).
   Secondly, I write for encouragement, for criticism, and for praise. I daily need encouragement. Life is hard, and I believe that we should spend time building each other up. I encourage others in different ways. I'm always someones cheerleader. Sometimes, I just want that returned. I'm also open to constructive criticism (don't just tear me down to tear me down, give me ideas on how I can work to become better). I need and crave advice. Sometimes I just can't see things from others points of views, so I need them to show me how to improve. And I just love praise (who doesn't???)!! I love hearing that I've done a good job. This kind of ties in with encouragement.

So that's why I blog, and that's why I will continue to blog. It's a mental release of ideas and thoughts that are written in a way more permanent (and less painful) than paper. I am always open to ideas and thoughts, all I ask is to be considerate of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment