04 June 2011

Fix it Friday!



This weeks Fix it Friday for I Heart Faces was difficult. It was an awesome picture to begin with, so most things that you could do with it took away from the essence of the picture! However, here are the edits that I did on Photoshop CS5:


First Edit:
1.) Changed Brightness level to -62.
2.) Changed Contrast to 60.
3.) Underneath Color Balance:
      a. Changed Cyan/Red to +31
      b. Changed Magenta/Green to -1
      c. Changed Yellow/Blue to -15
4.) Changed Saturation to +9.
5.) Changed Lightness to -2.

The following changes are all edits to the first edit.

Second Edit:
1.) Cropped from 5616/3744 Pixels to 4734/3744 Pixels
2.) Changed Saturation to +13
3.) Using the free form tool, I selected the entire area around Weslea, then changed that area to black/white.
4.) Again, using the free form tool, I selected her, then changed the Vibrance to -65 and the Saturation to -40.

Third Edit:
1.) Crop from 5616/3744 Pixels to 3328/3318
2.) Changed Vibrance to +13 and Saturation to +18.
3.) Changed Cyan/Red to +8, Magenta/Green to +9, and Yellow/Blue to -15.
  I like the colors in this one, but I'm not a fan of the cropping. To me, it takes the focus away from Weslea and onto the tree.

Fourth Edit:
1.) Using the free form tool, I selected the entire background and changed it to black and white.

Fifth Edit:
1.) Starting from the fourth edit, I selected everything but Weslea's cape to put in black and white.


So out of all the edits, I like 1, 2, and 3 the best. John likes 1, 3, and 5. I believe that the full color works best for this picture, instead of some or full black and white. I've just learned how to change part of the color, so I've been doing that a lot (I know, I'm so behind). This was a fun picture to work with! I can't wait for the next!







****PLEASE NOTE!! DO NOT SHARE ANY OF THESE PICTURES FOR YOUR OWN!! THESE ARE NOT MINE, BUT THE ORIGINAL OWNER'S WHO GRANTED PERMISSION FOR EDITS FOR FIX IT FRIDAY'S!

No comments:

Post a Comment