18 June 2011

Beginning again...

In case you just haven't noticed at all, I've taken somewhere between 1000 and 2000 pictures with my DSLR, a Sony a33. I am in LOVE with this camera. I'm loving figuring out the different features and figuring out what settings are best for what I'm doing.

However.

I've noticed that the quality of composition in my pictures has gone downhill. Bad. I've lost focus on what I loved most about photography. I have become the same as about 90% of photographers today, hiding behind their equipment instead of unlocking their talent and potential. So I've decided to start over. Completely over. Kind of over.

I realized that what made my pictures on my point and shoot so good was that I focused more on the composition of the shot, rather than the camera itself because it was, to be honest, a crappy camera. I'm going to try to, for a time, forget about the bells and whistles of my camera and stick to what I know, auto mode and the scene modes, which kills me because I'm not going to be able to control ISO and white balance and all that... But I know this is where I need to start to get back to where I need to be.

I'm only an amateur, and will probably only ever be an amateur. But I've always been proud to hang my own photos on my walls. I want to get back to that.

Yes, this is a random blog. But there ya go. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment