14 March 2012

Pinterest Challenge Day 2

I have been following the Pinterest Challenge by the Sits Girls and done by Courtney at Click it Up a Notch. I know it seems like I'm constantly going over basics, but that's really what photography is. Everything builds on these basics of light and composition. Once you have these ingrained and pounded into your head, the rest follows naturally.

The Day 2 Challenge focused on how to straighten photos and clean up images. My photos are generally very busy. I always have a ton of clutter in my house, so this was a challenging thing for me. I picked the hallway leading as the spot for the challenge since it's where I get the best light and it's where a lot of the clutter seems to end up. John's ruck pack, dirty laundry, toys are always scattered through here. I picked up the toys, moved hubby's ruck sack, put the laundry where it was supposed to be, and closed the bathroom door. Then I opened the shutters in both bedrooms to let in more light. Here's the before and after results:






Doesn't that look better?? It's definitely getting me motivated to clean up the house. ;)

Where's your worst clutter area? Clean it up and take a pic! And check out this article about how to prepare a room for a session in your own home!

2 comments: