23 July 2011

Having Faith in Yourself

I am my own worst critic. I constantly degrade myself, tell myself that I'll never be good enough, and I'm always questioning my own reasoning and intellect, questioning my motives for everything that I do. However, the entire time I'm destructively criticizing myself, I am consciously aware that the things that I'm telling myself aren't true, or that there is a reason I'm thinking the way that I am thinking. I'm a very confusing mess.

It's a good thing that I'm changing.

I've begun to realize my worth. I've begun to realize that I am worth something to someone, even if it's not myself. I am intelligent, kind, generous, forgiving, strong, independent, beautiful, and a good mother. I am learning not to place my value on wordly things. My grades/GPA do not reflect my intelligence. My submission to my husband does not mean that I'm not a strong-willed individual. My blogging and my Facebooking does not make me a bad mother.

All I've ever asked is that people accept me for who I am. I want them to not only accept me, but accept my flaws. I need them to stop hatefully criticizing me, because I'm no longer listening.

I'm starting out in a new life, in a new way. I'm turning into a businesswoman, thinking and planning out my future. I'm a mom. I'm growing and changing in different ways every day. Some won't like the change. Others may be intimidated by it. But I'm learning to love it.

And that's all that really matters.

2 comments: