02 July 2011

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, it's definitley been an EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK kind of day.

Let me start by saying this past week has been a huge trial. I've taken in John's smallest sisters (14 and 12 years old). They're staying with me through the fourth while their family sorts out issues. I love both of them to death, but... Yeah... It's been a very frustrating week.

So this morning I woke up to my phone ringing, it's little notification ringtone saying I had a message or email. I checked it and saw that it was an email from Dan Pearce, founder and author of the Single Dad Laughing blog. He informed me that our photo (Long Distance Dad) had been picked as a winner in the photo contest he had been hosting! We won a portable grill!!!! That was excitement upon excitement!!

After getting everyone up, dressed, fed, and ready for a long hard day of cleaning at their house, I received another email, this one from a local photographer who has agreed to let me tag along on a few sessions and even do a one on one session!! (Check out Live Simply Photography!!) I'll be able to finally receive some constructive criticism on my own shots as well as learn from one of the top photographers in the area! So I'm super excited about that!

It's only 10:30, I still have errands to run and a house to clean, but today is looking like a brilliant day.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Victoria! This is WONDERFUL news, and I can't think of anyone who deserves it more right now. I hope your day continues to shine. Love you!

    ReplyDelete