23 July 2011

A New Business Venture

Last Christmas (I gave you my heart, but the very next day, you gave it away... And now you have that song stuck in your head.) I made my first Christmas wreath. It was an evergreen wreath that I decorated with blue and silver ornaments. It turned out really well, I received tons of compliments on it and the garland I had made to go with it, and I even had some people ask me to make some for them.

The other day, I made a wreath to hang on my front door, a traditional grapevine with orange and white flowers and an apple hanging in the center. I love making wreaths. I love the way they look, I love playing with the different colors.

I'm hoping to start making wreaths to sell to others. A wreath on your front door makes your home feel welcoming and festive. Plus, selling them gives me an excuse to make them. :D

The price is $5 plus the cost of materials (if I spent $10 on the materials, your final cost is $15). I've looked at similar wreaths at both Walmart, Etsy, and Michael's, and they mainly go for $30+, so I think the pricing I've come up with is pretty fair. I'm not looking to turn a profit, just wanting to share some of this creativity with others!

If you have something specific you want on your wreath (your name, house number, etc), let me know and I will make it for you.

I use standard grapevine wreaths, 14-18 inches. If you would like something different than that, please let me know!

Starting in October, I will be making Holiday wreaths, for both Thanksgiving and Christmas (Or Hannukah or Kwanza, whatever you prefer).
Email me with specifics if you want to order a handmade wreath (annehershman@gmail.com)!!

Wreath #1:


1 comment:

  1. Very nice! Good luck with your wreathing! ;)

    You just gave me an added boost to get back into crafting. :)

    ReplyDelete