24 March 2011

Put A Little Spring in your Step

Spring is that time of year where everyone pulls out their gardening gloves, their tanning lotions, shorts, flip flops, and prepares themselves for the Summer. Spring is the time of blooming flowers. It's symbolic of the renewing of life, as everything that was once dead (flora wise at least) springs back to life. Mild temperatures replace the bitter cold and driving rain replaces the blinding snow. There are more smiling faces, more friendly hello's as the human population springs from their hibernation. Spring is most everyone's favorite time of year.

Except for me.

Spring is, by far, my least favorite season of the year. I dislike Spring for many, many reasons. For one, there's Daylight Savings Time. It's been over a week, and I still don't feel adjusted. Spring takes an hour of my life away to fulfill its own dark plans. Seriously, why are we even still using that system? It's a far outdated system. If farmers want to work longer, put up some stadium lighting or something! I get little sleep as it is. Don't take anymore away!

One word: Pollen. The enemy of noses everywhere. I haaaaaaaaaaaate allergies, of which pollen is the worse allergen for me. And it's EVERYWHERE. It rained last night. My car is now covered in this evil spore. If I wash my car, an hour later it's an ugly mix between the pretty red of the paint and the horrid yellow of the pollen. My sinuses swell, get stopped up, and i end up with days upon days of sinus migraines.

Add to the evilness that is pollen the bi-polar temperature, and it makes for a very aggravating and miserable few months.

The flowers are pretty, the grass is green, but I'll skip Spring. Wake me when Summer starts.

2 comments:

  1. Lol, I can actually relate to a lot of this. Spring isn't my favorite season either. I have the pollen issues and my sense of time is all messed up.

    I guess I just try to find the things I like about this time and enjoy it the best I can. As far as allergies go Allegra is over the counter now...it helps me. It isn't cheap though, hopefully, they'll get a generic brand soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you just suggest "stadium lighting" for farmers? I am in tears laughing...

    ReplyDelete