18 March 2011

New Day, New Blog, New Post

Since this is the first post on a new blog, i thought i'd start off with an introduction. My name is Victoria. I'm 23 1/2 years old and i'm the mother to a very hyper 9 1/2 month old boy. My son is my absolute everything. He's been my constant companion since my husband left for training last year. He is the reason i get up in the mornings (literally... He does need to eat). His name is Balian Alexander.

Some things about myself: i adore photograrphy, reading, writing, Facebooking, and spreading my wings in attempts to be creative. I believe in the power of words and i enjoy utilizing wordplay in my writings to convey different senses and meanings.

And 99.9% of the time, i have no idea what i'm talking about. Case in point, my most recent college research paper. For my Sociology class, i wrote about the country of Armenia. Four pages of the paper discussed the history and the impact of the Armenian Genocide. The rest discussed the logistics of the area (geography, population, government, etc). I pulled nearly every word out of thin air, yet still made an 84 on it (i was two pages short of the required length).

I think what i love most about photography is that it enables me to show the world what i see and how i see it. No matter how hard you try, sometimes it's just impossible to see things through the eye of the other person. I like to think that i do a decent job of bringing out my inner sense of sight.

What i dislike the most about photography? Everyone's a photographer. There's very little room to grow in this industry unless you are an amazing whiz with photoshop (which i'm not). Yet still i try, and i hope to one day expand on it and make it into a full time career.

My perfect job is something that incorporates reading, photography, and writing. The good, fundamental, liberal arts job. My favorite books are classics, but i'll write just about anything.

I'm also long-winded, outgoing, and laid back. I tend to be an optimist when faced with pessimists, but pessimistic any other time (although i'm working on that). I'm also incredibly headstrong, quick to apologize, and very very compassionate.

1 comment: