09 January 2012

Cross Country Day 5

Rest Day

For some unknown reason, Balian has decided he likes being an early riser. We woke around 7 and breakfasted with my grandparents. Grandfather had made cranberry and walnut bread and muffins, ly which were absolutely scrumptious. After showering and dressing, John, Balian, and I headed to Bass Pro Shop in Springfield, where the world of Bass Pro began. This Bass Pro is also the largest in the US. It's huge. And I love it. We walked around, ate a snack, and looked at the ginormous gar that were on display in the various aquariums. John saw a fleece he liked, so I snatched it and bought it for him. I should have looked at it first, though, because the one I bought him was a women's size!! Back in I go to exchange it for a man's size, then back to the grandparents house for some ham, potato salad, rolls, and brussell sprouts. For dessert, we had homemade pumpkin pie and coffee. Balian adored his piece, and especially the whipped cream! I started a load of laundry and we sat with Grandmother and watched some of The Good Wife, then off to bed for an early start.

No comments:

Post a Comment