28 December 2011

New Year's Resolutions

It's that time! Well, almost that time. But I'm going to be (hopefully) super busy the next few days and John comes home on Friday, so I'm writing out my New Year's Resolutions today (before I forget. Because we all know how awesome my memory is.).

1.) I am going to lose 40 pounds, preferably before the start of summer, but definitely by the end of the year. This will put in between 140-150. 130-140 is a really healthy weight for me, but I'd be thrilled if I could just get below 150. I'm not only doing it for the vain reasons (though that has something to do with it) but because I do have a lot of medical issues that I'm hoping will go away once the weight is gone (like the high cholesterol and the fatty liver).

2.) Take better pictures. This past year (2011) I started the process of opening up my own business. Let me let you in on a little secret... i still have no idea what I'm doing... I want to spend this year and grow in my love of photography, to remember why I fell in love with it to begin with, and to learn as much as I can so I can better serve my clients. I'm also hoping to get in a few more maternity sessions, at least one birth session and at least one newborn session, and lots of kids sessions.

3.) Enjoy what I love. I love playing my flute, reading books, playing with my boys. My husband will be home for the year. I'm going to do my best not to take advantage of the time we have together, because who knows how short it will be? One thing this past 19 months has taught me (John has been gone for just about 19 months) is that life is too precious to spend it being selfish, ungrateful, and angry. I'm going to try to be happy, gracious, and giving, as much as I can be this upcoming year.


Those are my three biggest resolutions. I am feeling super confident about them. I know this year is going to be an awesome year, because I will make it awesome! So tell me your Resolutions!! How are you going to stick to them?

2 comments:

  1. to have a job by graduation. i have no idea how i'll get one, but its a resolution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)

    Find a church home and continue to grow in my relationship with God.

    I'm starting a fitness/diet plan and want to have a more healthy life style.

    Enjoy each and every moment...to the best of my ability. :)

    ReplyDelete