23 August 2011

Memories

First off, let me just say that the weather here is GORGEOUS! I actually wore a cardigan to class this morning. Absolutely splendid!!

So this morning, I re-activated my Facebook account so that I could possibly find a note that I had written regarding my life's testimony. I didn't find it, but I found this instead:

"There are alot of stories going around about why we dropped everything and went to Pittsburgh. Here's the REAL story:

Anna Plyler, our Drug "Lady", had a shipment that she needed Minnellis, who is an illegal immigrant from Colombia, to take to Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. We took Chris for precaution and as an excuse should a cop decide to pull us over, Chris could say that he was married to Minnellis so that she would be considered legal. Joe Williams and myself were there as bodyguards, while Sierra McConnell and Daniel Byrd were the drivers.

And THAT is the TRUE story.

Anna is satisfied with our work and is sending us back this weekend... Wednesday to be exact..."


This made me smile, and made me sad, because I no longer talk to four of the six people that are mentioned. We all thought we were going to be friends' forever. Naievity oft breeds ignorance. It's sad looking back at memories and realizing that the people you were closest to are the ones that are no longer in your life. I miss these days, when we could all pile up into the back of a truck and drive 13 hours on a whim in the middle of the night. They are sweet memories, memories of more innocent times, of college crushes, whispered secrets, and lots of giggling ("Daniel said he was going to hit my mom if you all don't stop moving!").

What's past is past, and can't be undone or redone. It's gone. However, we will always carry the memories of it with us. The painful ones, the happy and the sad, all will stay with us.

I look back on my memories with laughter and tears. Laughter at what happened, and tears that it couldn't have lasted longer.


 (disclaimer: this is a joke. Not real. It's a "you just had to have been there" situation.)

3 comments:

  1. Don't be telling all my drug running days on the internet. I have a reputation to protect! ;)

    And yes. College times were fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope everything is going well with your classes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think about that adventure a lot. It's funny seeing people's reactions when I tell them the story. They never get it but man, does it make me smile. I miss how innocent all of that was and I'm grateful we were able to share it together. (That and dancing in the rain in front of the Hard Rock in Pittsburgh! We sure gave them a show, didn't we? :D) I love and miss you. And I hope, hope, hope I get to see you soon! <3

    ReplyDelete