06 September 2011

Baby Fever

John's gone and done it again. Ugh.

My hubby's greatest wish is for a baby girl all for himself. The way he acts, you would think I'm already pregnant with his princess on the way (an impossibility since I haven't seen him since January). So for the past week (after seeing his love-lorn face when talking about the non-existent princess) I am completely and totally ready to get pregnant again. For him.

John has missed out on 15 months thus far of Balian's life. Everything that he's seen Balian accomplish, he's had to watch via Skype. And while we are eternally grateful for this huge advantage in technology, it's not the same. When he found out I was pregnant with Balian, John wanted nothing more than to be there for the birth. He wanted to watch his little boy grow up, and that's been difficult for him to do. I can definitely understand his want to have another one, and I'm finally jumping on the bandwagon.

Last night I was looking at crib bedding for our non-existant little girl. Yeah, I have baby fever pretty badly right now. It increases whenever I see new mothers cradling their tiny ones. I love my little boy so so so so much, but I would love to have that tininess again. The pain kind of increases whenever I see a mom breastfeeding. I was never to be able to do that comfortably with Balian. He's always been a... *ahem* voracious eater.

The cure for baby fever? Remembering delivering Balian. The immense pain. Yup. Baby fever gone.

2 comments:

  1. Awww...you gave me hope for half a second...lol.

    Whenever baby #2 comes they certainly will be loved. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol good luck telling John your baby fever is gone, somehow I am not thinking he is going to let it go that easily. That man is ready to come home and get to work :)

    ReplyDelete